Who we are
The International College of Aesthetic Nurses (ICAN) is designed by nurses for nurses. It is a platform for developing a nurse’s career in aesthetics. It is a not for profit organisation. We aim to enhance your training opportunities and offer perks to members in terms of discounted training. We also provide a support network of highly qualified aesthetic nurses.
My name is Amanda and I am an Independent Nurse Practitioner who is very passionate about uniting nurses in the field of aesthetic medicine. One of my passions since coming into aesthetics 7 years ago has been teaching, I spend a lot of time mentoring other practitioners and this is something which my group of nurses has been looking to help other nurses with as part of this group. Together we can work to push to maintain standards that bring about better nursing practice in the field of Aesthetic Medicine.
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
PG Dip Cosmetic Medicine
The International College of Aesthetic Nurses (ICAN) is designed specifically for nursing professionals in the field of Aesthetic Medicine, it’s focus is on ensuring that it’s members are unified, ethical and maintaining the highest of standards in Aesthetic Medicine.
The group is run by a team of nurses to help ensure that the members keep
the highest standards of Aesthetic Medical Practice. All members are required to hold an NMC nursing qualification,
- Members are invited to attend educational and scientific meetings with other ICAN members.
- Members can have assistance with their revalidation.
- Clinics that are members can include clinics on the website as registered ICAN members.
- Website forum for member discussion and so members are aware of events
- Dedicated voluntary Board of Directors who are highly qualified in the field of Aesthetics to enhance members knowledge and expertise
- To promote, guide and maintain the highest professional standards in aesthetic practice and education.
- To collaborate with respected and trusted educational facilities to provide diverse educational opportunities for continued professional development and career progression.
- To promote safe, ethical and effective practice in the field of aesthetic nursing.
- To contribute to research and audit to develop practice in aesthetic medicine.
- To support and educate the public with transparency and honesty in the provision of information and promotion of aesthetic providers
- To provide an accessible platform for education and professional development encompassing structured training and peer to peer learning.
- To provide social network opportunities to support communication and engagement strategies within the aesthetic industry and wider field.
- To support aesthetic nurses with career pathway development and progression.
- To inspire members to achieve their potential and excel within the field of aesthetics becoming advocates for safe regulated practice of the highest standard.
Our promise to you
To promote, guide and maintain the highest professional standards in aesthetic practice and education
To collaborate with respected and trusted educational facilities to provide diverse educational opportunities for continued professional development and
To promote safe, ethical and effective practice in the field of aesthetic nursing